Who can resist a scone? Being dairy, gluten AND egg free, I wasn’t holding out much hope. But these are suprisingly tasty (especially with a big dollop of strawberry jam on top)!
Please give them a try and let me know how you get on.
200g Gluten Free Plain Flour (Doves Farm Flour)
50g Dairy Free Spread (Pure Free From)
25g Caster Sugar
1 Egg equivalent (Orgran ‘No Egg’ Egg replacer) See Egg replacement guide here
1 Tbsp Dairy Free Milk Substitute (Oat, Almond, Coconut, Soya, etc)
1 tsp Baking Powder (Dr. Oetker)
1 Pinch of Salt
50g Raisins or Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Set your oven to 200C
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Rub in the dairy free spread until it becomes fine breadcrumbs
- Add the sugar and raisins (or chocolate) and stir.
- In a separate bowl, make up the egg replacement mixture and add the dairy free milk.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and stir forming a thick dough. (Add more dairy free milk if necessary)
- Flour your work surface, knead and roll out your dough to around 1cm thick
- Use your cutter to cut into rounds or desired shapes.
- Put in the centre of a preheated oven at 200C for 15 mins (or until golden brown)
- Serve with dairy free spread and jam.
- Cinnamon & raisin (Add cinnamon for a more festive taste)
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (Moo Free Chocolates, Supermarket Own Brands)
- Cheese (Dairy free cheese such as Violife)