Now that the nights are closing in and the temperature is dropping…… There is nothing better than a hearty stew to make you feel warm inside! Here is a delcious, easy & very allergy friendly Beef Stew recipe for you!
(Plus- For anyone that cannot tolerate tomato, this is a great Bolognese substitute too! My little girl’s favourite meal is Spag Bol, but she has recently become tomato free! So I have developed this yummy recipe just for her.)
Serves 4 Adults
500g Beef Mince (or beef skirt cut into 5cm bits)
2 Celery (sliced)
2 Onions (roughly chopped)
3 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
2 Carrots (roughly chopped)
1 Potato (roughly chopped)
380ml Vegetable stock (2 stock cubes)
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
300ml Gluten Free Gravy (Free & Easy Gravy)
4 sprigs Thyme
Handful Plain Flour (Doves Farm Gluten Free Flour)
- Preheat your oven to 160C
- Roughly peel and chop your celery, onions, carrots & potato
- Mix flour & beef in a large ziplock bag & shake well to coat the meat.
- Make up your stock in a jug by using 2 vegetable stock cubes with 380ml boiling water (make sure the stock cubes are gluten free)
- Make up your “Free & Easy” gravy; 4 teaspoons of gravy powder & 300ml cold water, mix a little water with the powder then gradually add the rest of the water (this will prevent lumps.)
- On a medium heat, heat some oil in a pan & add the beef, cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add your veg, crushed garlic cloves, and herbs
- Finally, add the stock, gravy & balsamic vinegar, then bring to boil
- Once boiling, put your casserole dish (with a lid on) into your preheated oven
- Cook for 3-4 hours (Depending on the cut of the meat used)
- Leave in the oven on low (105C) until you are ready to eat it.
Best served with warm bread or mashed potato.
I love hearing from you, please let me know how you get on!