Use them as Canapés, Mains, or even Pudding! These Dairy & Gluten Free “Pinwheels” are surprisingly easy and a real party pleaser!
Jus Roll Puff Pastry
Gluten Free Flour
Your choice of Filling:
2 Slices of Ham
A Handful of Sweetcorn
Allioli Garlic Spread
Violife Dairy Free Cheese
Black Pepper & Herbs for Seasoning
Method for Pinwheels
- For 12 small Pinwheels, you will only need half of your Gluten Free Puff Pastry. Using a large sharp knife, (and some elbow grease) cut it in half, and freeze the rest.
- Thaw the pastry. Preferably overnight in the fridge if you can or at room temperature if you are pushed for time.
- Flour your surface and roll the pastry into a rectangle shape
- Make the sauce by blending whatever “filling” you would like.
- Spread your sauce on top of the pastry leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
- Grate the dairy free cheese over the top
- Add black pepper and herbs to taste.
- From the shorter end, roll it up as tightly as possible
- Using a sharp knife, cut into around 4cm widths
- Place them facing flat on the baking tray
- Brush with egg wash (this is optional)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (or until puffed & slightly golden)
There are tonnes of variations, you can do near enough anything! Here are some of our favourites:
- Tomato, dairy free cheese & italian herbs (Pizza style)
- Roasted peppers, tomato & herbs
- Salmon & Dairy free cream cheese
- Rocket & Pesto
- Dairy Free Cheese & Marmite
- Mince Meat (Mince Pie style)
- Chocolate Choc Shot (Sweet Freedom)
- Apple & Cinnamon
Please let me know how you get on!