Popcorn has to be my all time favourite snack and my kids LOVE it too! The best thing about popping your own corn is that you can make it as healthy (or as unhealthy) as you want.
100g Popping Corn
2 Tbsp Oil
Dairy Free Spread (Pure Free From)
- Heat the oil in a large pan
- Add the popping corn to the hot oil & quickly put the lid on top of the pan
- Shake the pan to ensure the oil has coated all of the corn
- Cook until popping stops
- Pour popcorn into a big bowl
- Melt your dairy free butter in your large pan and add whichever flavour you are in the mood for!
- Put the popcorn back into the pan with the melted butter and shake well to coat the popcorn
Other Sweet Flavours
- Dairy Free Chocolate (melted)
- Chocolate & Coconut Flakes (also use coconut oil for popping the corn!)
- Salted Caramel
Other Savoury Flavours
- Kale crisps crushed over the top (Check out my kale recipe)
- Wow butter (Peanut free peanut butter)
Note for peanut allergy sufferers; There seem to be lots of popping corn brands that ‘may contain peanuts’.
*Popcorn is a choking hazard for children, so please ensure that all kernels have popped, cut off any of the harder bits and never leave unattended.
As normal, I love to hear from you- Please let me know what you think and how you get on!