These jam tarts are surprisingly quick and easy to make and they are a bit of a show stopper! Great as an afternoon snack, to take along to a play date or even to take to a party as a ‘safe’ food.
130g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour (Doves Farm)
65g Dairy Free Spread (Pure or Stork’s FOIL packet)
1-2 TBSP Cold Water
Icing Sugar (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Seive flour into a bowl
- Rub the butter into the flour (until it resembles fine breadcrumbs)
- Mix in the Sugar
- Add 1TBSP of water at a time, mix until it binds together (but not too sticky)
- Grease the muffin tins with dairy free spread (or sunflower oil spray)
- Press the mixture into the tins.
- Bake for about 10 mins
- Add the jam into the centre on the tarts
- Pop back in oven until bubbling.
- Put on wire rack to cool (Jam can get very hot so make sure you don’t burn your mouth!)
- Once cooled, store in air tight container
I know that Strawberry can be a common allergy/intolerance. We are ok with it, so I used Strawberry but you can obviously use whichever jam you like!
Tip: We always keep an extra jar of jam and clearly label it is as “dairy free” with permanent marker. Cross contamination can be a real issue with jam! People will often use their knife in real butter, then use the same knife in the jam. We will not risk using jam at restaurants or other people’s houses unless it is unopened.
Please let me know if you try it out!
P.S I’m so sorry that I haven’t done a post in a while, we’ve had such a busy (but really lovely) Christmas! Expect me to be posting regular recipes again from now on!