Have you got a kid’s party to go to this afternoon and completely forgotten to make an allergy friendly snack? Well, this is your go-to! It takes minutes to make, then just sits in the fridge setting until you are ready to go. They look great and no one would ever know they are allergy friendly! (You can even shape them into whatever age this child is using cutters, which makes them even more fun!)
Plus, if you are anything like me, Itend to always keep stock of these ingredients in the cupboard…. ready for emergency treat foods!
- 25g Dairy Free Spread
- 50g Gluten Free Nestle Rice Pops (or Nestle Cocoa Pops)
- 100g Marshmallows
- Melt the dairy free spread in a bowl (over a pan of hot water)
- Add the marshmallows & melt
- Take the bowl off the heat
- Mix in your rice pops/ cocoa pops
- Line dish with baking parchment
- Transfer mixture into dish and push into corners to desired height/shape
- You can sprinkle marshmallows on the top for decoration if you would like
- Leave in the fridge to set for several hours
- Cut into squares and serve!
Note: Store in air tight container to prevent it from going stale.
Marshmallows are such a great alternative to chocolate
Feeling creative or need something to do one rainy afternoon? Why not try to shape them into something fun. (I did a post at Christmas where I made a little Christmas tree scene , check it out! )