These are such a fun treat. When we have a Roast, my two kids mainly eat the yorkies and not a lot else. But adding the cocktail sausages is a great way for us to get them to eat their source of protein for the meal! (Any veggie/ vegan readers, this can easily be substituted with suitable sausages)
If you had a winter party you could serve these as kid’s tea or evencanapés.
- Free from cocktail sausages (Sainsbury’s frozen or M&S fresh)
- 200g GF Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 64g Apple Sauce
- 300ml Dairy free milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 100ml warm water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Part cook your sausages in the oven (Put one or two in each section depending on the size of your Yorkshire pudding tins)
- Whilst the sausages are cooking, make your Yorkshire pudding mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder, apple sauce & salt into a blender
- Blend until the mixture is smooth
- Get tray out, (the oil should be sizzling hot) Quickly pour batter into trays to about 2/3 full
- Cook for about 30 mins
Why not make all the trimmings ?