What a miserable day today has been! 🌧☔️ (As if it is mid May!)
The weather definitely has an affect on my appetite. Today I was in need of a hearty, warming lunch……Parsnip soup was the perfect solution.
As an added bonus, Inever thought for a minute my kids would like soup, but they actually love it! And what makes it even better….it is made out of VEGETABLES…. mwahahahahahhhhhaaa! I hope you enjoy it!
- 5 Parsnips
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tsp ground Coriander
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 500ml Coconut or Almond Milk
- 800ml Water (mixed with 2 Knorr Vegetable Stock Cubes)
Optional: a pinch of chilli powder
- Fry onions, garlic & coriander until the onions are soft.
- Peel & chop the parsnips & carrots.
- Add parsnips, stock and milk to the onions.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for around 30-40 minutes
- Check the parsnip is soft and blend.
- Garnish with chilli oil or fresh coriander
If you would like a thicker soup, simply add some corn flour mixed with cold water and bring the soup back to boil.