Thinking of attempting to retrial wheat? Hopefully this well help you!
UHCW sent me a wheat reintroduction plan, I thought I would share what they suggested.
The following foods contain 2-3G of wheat protein when eaten in the stated amounts
- 1 medium slice from a large loaf
- 1 weetabix or 1 shredded wheat
- 1 small bowl sugar puffs or puffed wheat or shreddies
- 3 medium sized biscuits (bourbons) or 2 digestives
- 3 cream/ wholewheat crackers
- 2 rusks
- 1/2 pitta bread
- 1 croissant
- 1 slice cake (30g)
- 1 portion sponge pudding (50g)
- 45g pastry
- 30g flour used in homemade baked goods (cakes breads e.g. )
- 20g raw semolina or cous cous
- 200g semolina pudding (1/2 large tin)
- 4TbSP (60g) cooked spaghetti
- 2 large or 3 chippolata sausahes (check they contain wheat containing rusk)
- 3 fish fingers (in breadcrumbs)
To ensure your child tolerates wheat , in normally eaten quantities , aim for him to have 2-3 wheat containing meals per day.
Start with 1 portion of the foods listed above per meal (2-3 portions per day) if no problems,continue on this quantity for a week
Week 2 increase to 2 portions of the food listed for a minimum of 2 meals daily (4-5 portions daily) if no problems continue for a week
If no problems, include wheat freely into diet.