This is such a great dish- so long as you have aubergines, the rest of the ingredients are quite likely to be in your cupboards already…. Definitely my style of cooking!
This is REALLY tasty too. I actually ate it 3 meals in a row (happily!) Serve with rice, cous cous or even flatbreads.
I hope you enjoy it as much as me!
- 2 large aubergines
- 1 large onion
- 3 sticks of celery
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of Chick Peas (in water)
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock cube
- 2TBSP raisins
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Fry onions, celery, garlic and aubergine until getting soft
- Add spices and fry for 5 more minutes
- Add chick pea (and it’s water), tinned tomatoes your vegetable stock cube and raisins
- Add your salt & sugar to taste (you need a good pinch of salt)
- Cover with lid
- Put it in your slow cooker on low for 8 hrs or on high for 4 hours
- Serve with rice or cous cous
Not got a slow cooker ? This is the one we have, it’s a life saver!