Homemade chicken nuggets ! These are quicker to make than you would think! And a healthier option than lots of frozen nuggets.
- 1 Chicken breast (or even sandwich chicken if you are wanting a super speedy meal)
- Corn flour
- 3-4 slices BFree (Gluten free bread)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Cut chicken into flat chunks (to replicate nuggets)
- Mix breadcrumbs in a blender
- Make up the corn flour mixture by mixing corn flour and water (this replicates the egg binding the breadcrumbs)
- Put breadcrumbs, garlic, salt and pepper into a large bowl or sandwich bag
- Dip the chicken into the cornflour, then breadcrumbs. Repeat if necessary.
- Fry with oil on medium to high for around 8-10 minutes (remembering to flip them when crispy)
- You Can also finish them off in the oven if you prefer
- Let them rest on kitchen roll to drain the excess grease
- For a spicier version, add chilli pepper!
- For a healthier version, oven instead of fry!
- For a veggie / vegan version use a meat substitute!